There are so many thoughts running through my head today. My heart aches for so many people who are lost. New acquaintances...old friends...family.
Finding your way through the maze...watching other people live their lives...stop at every detour, peering down to see what it holds. Take a few steps...quick retreat. Forward you go, hoping it's the right way. Turn around you took at wrong turn. Round and round. Making progress...now I'm stuck. Where's the end?
Where can I turn for peace? Where is my solace when other sources cease to make me whole? When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice, I draw myself apart, searching my soul?
Where, when my aching grows? Where, when I languish? Where, in my need to know, where can I run? Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish? Who, who can understand?
He, only one. He answers privately. Reaches my reaching in my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend. Gentle the peace He finds for my beseeching. Constant he is, and kind, love without end.
(Where Can I turn for Peace?, pg 129, LDS hymnal)
Abide with me; 'tis eventide. The day is past and gone; the shadows of the evening fall; the night is coming on. Within my heart a welcome guest, within my home abide.
O Savior, stay this night with me; behold, 'tis eventide.
Abide with me; 'tis eventide. They walk today with me has made my heart within me burn, as I communed with Thee. Thy earnest words have filled my soul and kept me near thy side.
O Savior, stay this night with me; behold, 'tis eventide.
Abide with me; 'tis eventide, and lone will be the night if I cannot commune with Thee nor find in Thee my light. The darkness of the world, I fear, would in my home abide.
O Savior, stay this night with me; behold, 'tis eventide. O Savior, stay this night with me; behold 'tis eventide.
(Abide with me; 'tis Eventide, pg 165, LDS hymnal)
O Savior, stay this night with me; behold, 'tis eventide. I am lost, please come to me. I need You by my side.
I feel You now, Your calming Hand. Bless me today to feel Your Hand and help me to do the things that keep You by my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment