So I have to brag about my husband a little bit...
He's been working full time this semester as well as going to school full time. For anyone who hasn't done it, it's quite a feat. Finding time to study is the hardest thing of all. If all you had to do was go to class and go to work it would be great, but throw in trying to find at least 10 or more hours to do homework/assignments, and you're really pushing it...add in a two year old and a wife, and it's pretty much impossible. He's gotten up in the middle of the night to study (and I'm saying that literally, not making fun of the early morning hours)...He's been busy busy every day and still has time to do my dishes (I hate dishes and so he's my superman whenever he does them!).
So it looks like he's going to have pulled 3 A's and 1 B... I'm amazed that he pulled it off and so very proud of him. He's got three semesters left before graduating with his Associate's. We're really excited and that brings him one step closer to his ultimate goal, dental school!
Now for the bragging about my little girl. I'm so proud of how well she's handled my going back to work. She's always been the sweetest little girl, slept through the night since she was six weeks old, and only on rare occasions is she up or in our bed. So about six months ago we put her in a toddler bed instead of her crib. She's been doing awesome. Occasionally she'll come wandering in in the middle of the night, but most of the time she stays in her bed. We bought bunk beds this weekend because we needed more room in their bedroom, she stayed in the big twin bed all night. Loved it. Took her nap in it. I'm so proud of her!
Also, she's been using the potty by herself! It's been probably two weeks since I've had to change a diaper if we're at home. She'll go in and take care of all of it by herself...most the time I don't realize that she's gone to the bathroom until I hear the toilet flush. Although I think she's still peeing in her diaper most of the time, at least she's going and taking care of it herself. Next step is actually peeing in the toilet every time. At two years old I think this is absolutely awesome!
Also, she started singing the ABC song this week, she can't get all of the letters yet, but she can get most of them. She's also been counting up to 7 (usually to 5, but sometimes more) by herself withouth prompting. She also knows most of the words (and notes!) to Popcorn popping, Twinkle Twinkle, Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam, ABC's, I am a Child of God, The Wheels on the bus, and Old McDonald.
There are so many other things I could mention about my beautiful family, but I'm just so grateful and happy that they are my family. I couldn't ask for anything better!
1 comment:
That's awesome, Josh!!!! And Berlynn, you're such a big girl! I can remember when you were just born and Mom was giving you a bath in the sink. You are so adorable!!!!
Post a Comment