Friday, April 22, 2011

Yes, I will live through this...

...no, it is not unusual for me to sound like Sneezy when I'm sneezing. I don't know how my sneezes are so violent, maybe it's hereditary. Maybe it's personal. Maybe it's learned. I don't know. All I know is that when I hear some woman give a lady like

"achoo"

I look around in surprise and wonder if she taught herself to sneeze that small or if it just comes naturally. On the other hand when I sneeze it sounds like

"KERCHOOOOOOO"......

And after everyone stops blowing away in the whirlwind (like on Snow White), I do have people turn and ask in this incredulous (and may I say, awfully obnoxious "Oh my gosh I can't believe that sneeze came out of a woman") voice "Are you OK???"

I'd just like to say, yes I am ok. Yes, this happens every time I get a cold. Yes, I'm sorry that you had to hear/feel/blow away in my sneeze. And yes, I most definitely did cover my mouth even if it didn't feel like it. And no, no matter who says it, it is NOT funny (or, can I add, original) when you compare me to the dwarf off of Snow White.



Although when I think about it, at least I can take comfort that nobody has compared me to Dopey. :)

1 comment:

Josh & Stacey said...

guess I should have clarified that it doesn't annoy me when people say "bless you" or even when they ask if I'm ok in general, but when you ask it after every sneeze it seems that you must think that the sneezes are hurting me or different from anybody else's sneezes...and that tone really gets on my nerves. LOL. :)