Tuesday, August 10, 2010

so anybody who wants to weigh in...

I've been thinking a lot recently on the timing of when to have another one. I just quit babysitting yesterday (way too much stress and drama) and of course this has brought up the subject of when to start trying. I don't feel ready. I feel so emotionally stressed out that I just want to never do anything again (I hate that feeling). Josh, on the other hand, really doesn't want our kids more than two years apart (which really means I would have to get pregnant this month, hahaha). He's left the choice to me, and I really hate when he does that, because to me it feels like a cop out. But that's a discussion for a different time. My question to everyone out there, how big are the gaps between your kids? Did you find that one was REALLY better than another for them learning how to play and get along? Or was it just different? My stepson and daughter are four years apart, and that is definitely not a gap I want again. I know the two sisters just younger than me used to fight like cats and dogs and they were four years apart. Now they get along beautifully though, so I still have hope for my kids. I was three years from my closest sibling and I feel like that's still an ok age difference for most ages. But never having experienced it as a mother, I'm wondering what it's like from the mother's perspective. I know that ultimately this is my choice, and it's really not a logical one because Heavenly Father will send me another baby when He knows I'm ready (even if I don't feel I'm ready for it again), but I do like putting a lot of thought and research into my decisions (and if my parents are reading this, yes, this is a recent thing...lol). So any feedback would be great! :)

No comments: