Friday, August 13, 2010

sixteen months old
















My pictures always upload wrong, no matter how hard I try to make them upload in the right order. Guess I should stop trying to get order. This past week I brought Brynn into nursery because I'd forgotten to pack toys and books. As I watched her play, I realized how big she's getting.





From the time I found out she was going to be a little girl, I have been so excited to have my baby with me all the time. It was a hard pregnancy.







And a hard labor (easier them some, harder than others), but while the doctors were trying to get her to take a breath, I realized how much you can care about somebody else. It didn't matter that the doctor was still sewing me up and the epidural was wearing off really quickly while he did it.






It didn't matter that I'd been in labor for 24 hours and was pretty darn tired.








It didn't matter that I hadn't been able to breathe for nine full months...ok, maybe only seven and a half. All that mattered was that she needed to breathe. And when they finally got her to cry, tears came to my eyes. My beautiful baby girl.
I know she's still little, she just seems so big compared to what she was. I love her so much.
As of sixteen months old, she's trying to jump.
  • Her brother introduced her to the joys of hopping around, and now she tries to all the time.
  • She's now talking non-stop. Not all of it is intelligible, but she still talks as if we all know what she's trying to say. "NMMHMMGHMMTILMMAMAHMM". If anybody can interpret, I'd like to know what she's saying. She is saying things like "daay du" (thank you) "amen" "mama" "hi" "daee"(daddy) "no" (of course) "bye" and "baby".
  • She does the funniest thing while she's talking. We've been taking the binky away from her except at nap time and bed time, but she still closes her mouth and mumbles as if the binky is in her mouth. I don't know why, maybe it's the laughter that she gets when she does it.
  • She's such a sweet little girl to babies. It surprises me how gentle and loving she is because most kids her age would rather hit than cuddle, but if you show her a baby she will try and hold and love on it and she's really gentle most of the time.
  • She's been a mama's girl from the beginning, but she's been really cute recently with coming and sitting on my lap for no reason. I love it.
  • She's starting to learn her body parts. Her favorite to point out are her teeth and her tongue. She doesn't say either one yet, but she'll randomly start pointing to them and if you don't notice what she's doing, she'll come over and stand right in front of you and point at them and grunt.

My baby is adorable. I love her so much. I'm so grateful for this gift that Heavenly Father has given me.

No comments: