So I am dedicating this post to anyone like me who can relate just a little too much to TV characters like Monk, or Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory, or other...shall we say quirky people. I know I'm not truly obsessive compulsive, but there are times when I really worry about myself. So shall I tell you what prompted this post? I walked by the microwave and realized that someone had left time on it and hadn't cleared it out. I walked back out of our kitchen knowing that I could just leave the time on the microwave, after all I'm not obsessive, I won't think about it again and really it doesn't need to be cleared out...it's not a problem...I can leave the 23 seconds on the microwave...seriously though, couldn't you have stopped it at 20? But I'm not thinking about it...OK, so really I couldn't stand it and I had to get up and go clear the time off the microwave, all the while thinking that whoever had left those 23 seconds hadn't even left their food in the microwave for a rounded amount of time...and then the thought struck me, there are numbers 0-9 on the microwave maybe this horrible person who left time on the microwave had done something even more heinous like set their timer for 67 seconds. Or perhaps 42...or some other such ridiculous number. Who could do such a thing? This person needs a lesson from me about the correct way to treat your microwave, and (as Monk says) they'll thank me later!
So hopefully everyone finds this humorous because I laugh at myself quite often...but only after clearing the time on the microwave, or locking my car doors exactly three times before deciding that they are quite definitely locked, or alphabetizing my movies and books (by author of course). Seriously though, how can you not be annoyed when somebody cleans the house in the wrong order? (Because if you don't dust before you vacuum then the dust just falls on the floor and you have to vacuum again!) K, so the real reason for this post is ...I noticed yesterday as we were singing "Clean up, clean up, everybody clean up" that my daughter (who turned two, yes, two! yesterday) was putting everything away where it went. The legos went into the lego bag, the littlest pet shop went into their correct bag, the blocks went into their correct box, the dolls went into the big bin, and I didn't have to correct her or pull anything out and put it where it "really" goes...the books went on the bookshelf (although admittedly not by size, which is how I put her books back)...So later that night when I went to go put her to bed I saw her put her pants back in her pants drawer and her shirt in her shirt drawer (although perhaps it should have gone in the hamper, but still)...perhaps this is a fluke you say. Well consider this, she can't stand to get dirty. If she gets food on her hands she has to have a dish rag to wipe them, if she drops food it goes into the garbage, she doesn't throw her trash on the ground but straight into the trash can...I know I shouldn't worry because I have just described the absolute perfect child and she is only two, but after walking by the microwave this afternoon and listening to my head tell me that I can't leave the time on the microwave, I'm really worried that I'm changing my daughter into....me.
1 comment:
I hear you, Sister! When my mother in-law put 66 seconds on the microwave, I just about went over and redid it for her. :)
Post a Comment