I can't believe how long it's been since I posted on my blog. They were talking yesterday in Sacrament Meeting about how when you write in your journal you shouldn't just write about the good stuff that happens because when children or grandchildren read your journals they should be able to read and find out how you dealt with problems that may be similar to the problems that they are going through at that time. I write in my journal every day, but I have to admit that I find it much easier to type. Don't worry, I will not be writing each and every problem that I have in my daily life, but it is something to think about how people could help and strengthen one another if they were to put ideas of how to help solve problems.
Josh and I have been talking alot recently about ideas of how to work from home or starting an at home business. We have wanted to start our own business since we got married, but we haven't been in the position to do much of anything. Slowly but surely we are getting out of debt and putting into savings and we're finally at the point where we are throwing out a bunch of ideas of things that can help to bring in some extra money for a while. Or ideas that will generate enough money that I could possibly support our family from home while Josh finishes his bachelor's. My mom never worked from home or outside of the home and I have to admit that the thought of it is very daunting for me. I always thought that once you got married and had kids you got to stay home and be the one who just managed the money or something. It's been eye opening for me to need to work for a while, then when I got pregnant Josh and I determined that we would never send the kids to a daycare for the whole day. But right now that means talking about me possibly being the bread winner while he goes to school full time. We're looking into many options right now, but it would be best for him to be able to hurry and finish his schooling so I only had to work outside the home for two years or so and then I would be back to being a supporting role at most or even not doing anything from home during that time. It's funny how life throws curves that you aren't prepared for. I assumed my life would be much like my mother's life, but there isn't a lot in my life that is like my mother's.
1 comment:
i'm happy you're back in the blogging world :) and good luck with the whole work thing. too bad we have to worry about money... it's frustrating and stressful!
Post a Comment