Wednesday, February 25, 2009

What will you look like?

This morning I was looking at the first pictures of my nephew's life. He turns one in about three weeks. CRAZY!!! Anyway, the first pictures of him he looks like he only got the genes from our (my sister's and I) side of the family. He doesn't look like he has his daddy in him at all. A year later, I'm not sure who he looks like besides himself. But anyway, it got me thinking about what my baby is going to look like. Especially when she first gets here. I hope she gets her daddy's eyes. Or her Grandma Hunter's. As much as I love my eye color (haha) I really hope that she doesn't have my eye color. She has a really good chance, so I'm hoping (for her sake) that she gets her daddy's eyes. Or maybe I shouldn't hope so much because I'll have problems when she hits her teenage years if she does have her daddy's eyes. Anyway, I can't decide what color of hair I want her to have. It's actually been really interesting to see my neices and nephews as they have come into the world. There are blonde hair/blue eyes. Red hair/blue eyes. Red hair/brown eyes. Brown hair/brown eyes. Brown hair/blue eyes. Black hair/blue eyes. Did I cover all the possibilities yet? And the funny thing is that all of those combos can be found on either my mom's side of the family or my dad's side of the family. So it left me wondering today what kind of combination will my little girl be? Will she look like a definite Hunter? Or will she look like a definite Johnson? Or will she be so much a combination (like me) that when she goes somewhere with her dad everybody will comment how much she looks like her dad, and when she's with me everybody will comment how much she looks like me?

I'm jumping out of my skin with anticipation at seeing her, being able to stroke her soft little cheeks and watch her sleep, her long eyelashes (comes from both Josh and I, so I'm almost positive she'll get those) brushing her little cheeks. Her perfect lips moving into a slight pout. Her little body snuggled so close to mine. Our own little creation, so perfect, so small.

Baby girl, I can't wait to meet you!

No comments: