Friday, February 13, 2009

My cute little Pokey...

So I know that it might be kind of weird to post about my baby BEFORE she's actually here, but some days she's just so cute. Obviously there's not a whole lot that she can do but kick me or shove her bum up in the air so it's poking out, but it's still cute. So every night when her daddy gets home he comes in and kisses me hello (of course) and then he'll lean down and say hi to her. She loves her daddy already and absolutely loves the sound of his voice. I won't say that she moves every time he talks to her, but she can usually tell he's talking to her (probably because he's so close to her) and will start moving so that he can feel her.

About two weeks ago she found this spot in my stomach that is ticklish from the inside. And she keeps going back to it. I'm not sure why because I start laughing every time, but maybe she likes being jiggled around a little while I'm laughing. Anyway, she'll drag her hand or elbow or knee over this one spot and make me laugh because it tickles so bad. I'm assuming she finds this amusing and I am grateful that it tickles instead of hurts.

Another thing that I'm really grateful for is that I haven't woken up to her moving yet. I feel her move quite often, but rarely after ten or so. Hopefully she's decided that she loves her mommy SOOO much that she will always sleep through the night (I know, I know, wishful thinking) but as of right now I'm just grateful that she's not keeping me awake because I'm sure she could if she wanted to.

Now about my adorable hubby who just can't wait for this little girl to make her debut. Josh has been able to feel the baby since I was 20 or so weeks along and never gets tired of feeling her. His favorite thing to do (even though this DOES hurt sometimes) is to poke my stomach, especially because now she's moving more and more, but not just quick kicks, but where you can see my whole stomach moving. I'm not sure I explained that very well, anyway, he thinks it's the greatest thing to try and figure out which body part is sticking up.

Josh also loves to talk to the baby. He (sadly) does it almost more than I do. He'll sit and call her name (we call her Pokey right now because she's a Pokey little puppy who's taking FOREVER to get here...lol) and then just tell her how much he loves her and how much he wants to hold her. He also kisses her (my stomach) almost every night.

Something that I didn't know until a couple of weeks ago was that he'll sit with his hand on my stomach "holding" her after I've gone to sleep. I only found out because I was freaking out one day because I hadn't felt her move in a while and he was like "She was moving last night." And I was like "How do you know?" He gave me this look of disbelief and was like "I always lay with my hand on your stomach. I thought you knew that." Well, I had no idea, but I thought it was cute that he just can't get enough of "holding" his little girl.

As for Travis, he doesn't have as much opportunity to do anything with his baby sister, but he does ask about her every time he calls. And he also asks "if baby sister is out of Mamai's tummy?"

Anyway, I'm excited to meet this new little girl. I'm scared out of my wits to be a mom, but I already love this baby and I can't wait until she comes.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Stacey, you're a great writer! I love to read your posts. You're way better and telling about everyting than I am. And she'll be glad to be able to go back and read through all these things about when she was in you.