Friday, January 2, 2009
Let's start the New Year off right!
So I was awoken at 12:15 am on New Years Day (yes I am lame enough and pregnant enough to be asleep that early on New Years) by a screaming match coming from our neighbors. It was so much fun. It lasted almost three hours before they finally calmed down. But by then I was hungry (oh the joys of pregnancy) and so I finally got up and ate something and settled back to sleep around 3:30 or 4:00 am. It started me thinking about all the things that I wanted to do with this upcoming year and wondering why ANYONE would immediately make the New Year just as crappy as the old one. I love New Years more than any other holiday because it always signifies the ending of my "old life" and starting of a "new life". I am one of those crazy people who writes resolutions or goals and I periodically check up on myself throughout the year. Last year I did horrible on my personal goals, but Josh and I did wonderfully on our couple goals. It was awesome to look at the list of ten goals that we had made for ourselves and realize that all of the strugglings of the past year have amounted to something. Needless to say we quickly wrote out ten more for this New Year and we can't wait to see what happens at the end of next year. I'm hoping I'm at least as close with my personal goals as we are with our couple goals! Anyway, Hurray to a new year that will bring all sorts of joy and wonder and all sorts of trials and struggles! I can't wait to look back at the end of this year and see where we are! Hopefully better than we are today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment