Monday, October 27, 2008

So I just have to get this out there...

So this has been bothering me since I got pregnant and I would just like to correct the whole world who suddenly seems to think that we have evolved as a species and are now pregnant 10 months...we are NOT. 40 weeks divided by four does equal ten. However, four weeks only equals 28 days. So in every month except for February you have at least two, usually three, extra days that YOU AREN'T COUNTING!!! And 2 times 9 equals 18 and 3 times 9 equals 27. So there you go, if you think you are pregnant 10 months you aren't counting 18 to 27 days in your months. So, amount of time you are pregnant is 9 1/2 months at the very most, unless you end up going 42 weeks, at which point you have officially gone closer to 10 months than 9. And you know, the funny thing about the 9 1/2 months thing is that everybody counts from the first day of their last menstrual cycle, which means that you technically weren't pregnant for the first two weeks. Which MEANS that you are ONLY PREGNANT FOR 9 MONTHS!!! Wow, k, now that I've got that off my chest...

I'm getting freaked out about my baby again. I did this last time I was getting ready to go to the doctor's office. It really is hard to wait four full weeks in between knowing for sure that your baby is okay because you can hear the heartbeat up on the monitor. I thought that once I was in my second trimester I would worry less that I was losing my baby, but you know, I think I worry more. I have to wait one more week until I go into the doctor's, and that is exciting because I'll be sixteen and a half weeks along, so either they will do another ultrasound and I'll get to find out the gender of the baby or I'll be able to set up to have the ultrasound done, so I'll have an actual date for when I will find out whether it is a boy or a girl. I'm excited for that.

So I found out last week that my parents are coming here to Vegas (to my brother's house) for Thanksgiving! I can't tell you how excited I am for that. The house that my brother lives in was my parents house for almost twelve years. In July they sold it to my brother and I have to say that it's been weird for me to have that happen. It was like the official ending of my childhood, and it brought me a lot of sorrow. I had a key to that house, but when my brother moved in he changed the locks. I've never not been able to just walk into that house because I've had a key since I was old enough to start going places by myself. It was so odd because the other day I had the greatest desire to just go walk the neighborhood like I used to. I loved going out every day, rain or shine, and just wandering around. Never further than a mile from the house, but there were a lot of good memories in that neighborhood. Anyway, this brings me around to the point of this. I don't remember a Thanksgiving or Christmas that was not in that house. And so it made me really sad when I realized that I wasn't going to be at that house for the holidays, and I wasn't going to be with my mama and dad. So now my parents (and some of my sisters, not sure how many yet) are coming down here to Vegas to celebrate Thanksgiving and I am SOOOO excited! I can't wait until they are here and I'm counting down the days until Thanksgiving!

Oh, and I finally decided that to match my husband's Wolverine costume and facial hair... I'm going to be Rogue for Halloween. Young girl totally in love with older man...yep I think it fits.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Some people say the strangest things about pregnancy...

Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I'm bummed we have to wait until the day after to celebrate here.