Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crazy woman driver!!!

So last night Josh and I decided to take a quick walk around our apartment complex. Only fifteen or twenty minutes, but enough that I can mark it off for the day that I got up off my butt and moved. So we were almost all the way around the apartment complex, directly in front of our front gates, when this dark green car pulls in. Now up front in our apartment complex, it's pretty well lit. I was wearing a red jacket and jeans, and josh was wearing a blue shirt with yellow writing and jeans. So this car pulls in and we move into the empty parking spaces so that we're out of the road (our apartment complex doesn't have sidewalks around it, just through it). So we thought we were safe until the car is headed directly towards us. So Josh starts moving the other way thinking that this woman just needs to be where we are, so the lady in the car starts swinging around directly towards Josh so I grab his arm and just come to a dead stop, wondering what in the heck (which wasn't the word which came to mind last night) this lady thinks she's doing and why she's swinging all over the road and moving directly towards us without slowing down. So finally she sees us and stops maybe five feet from where we're standing. I was so pissed off I was ready to walk over and yell at her. It was brightly lit where we were walking, her headlights were shining directly on us, both of us are over five feet tall and neither of us was dressed in something that couldn't be seen. So I have to say, I think the DMV really needs to test driver's eyesight better, especially their night vision. And that woman, I have nothing to say to her now, but my poor husband was really upset because he felt so helpless to protect me and the baby I'm carrying. I felt so bad and was even more pissed off at the lady because it was TOTALLY her fault and not my husband's in any way, shape, or form.

No comments: