Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I guess I'll join the blogging world...


So I guess I'm the only one that didn't know that people wanted me to start a blog. I never knew I was popular enough for people to actually check my blog. LOL. So I guess I'll just put what I was thinking about today. I think it's absolutely ridiculous for people to claim that they weren't showing at all until they were seven months. I'm fifteen weeks today (woo hoo me! I'm now 3/8 of the way done!) and I'm already starting to pop out in front (notice the picture at the top). Now, I believe that there are people who didn't have strangers on the street stopping them and asking them if they were pregnant, but I DO NOT believe that there is anyone out there who maintained the exact same figure (ie didn't show at all) until they were seven months along. Or maybe I'm just a jealous hormonal pregnant lady who still hasn't come to grips with the fact that she's losing her beautiful pre-pregnancy body forever!
So on Monday night I was reading something that was talking about trusting in the Lord. First of all, trusting Him to fight your battles for you against Satan, and second of all just trusting Him with everything in your life. I knew that I had a really hard time with that, but the next morning as I was driving to work I started thinking about it again and a couple of thoughts popped into my head that to me are completely impossible and not going to happen (good things, not bad things). And it was almost like Heavenly Father was saying to me "See, you really don't trust me!" It made me so sad to realize that I only want to trust in Him as much as I want to trust in Him. I trust in Him to help me to be able to be safe as I drive my car and I trust in Him to watch over my husband while he's at work, but I don't trust Him to help me to make decisions (as much as I should) and I don't trust Him to know the best timing and everything for me and my small family. And the funny thing is that even when He does what's best for me I tend to say thank you one time and then continue on with my weird thinking that somehow I can figure this life out on my own and choose what's best for me and my family.
Valerie's really going to regret getting me to start this because not only am I completely random, but I'm constantly thinking about something and now I have a place to put it. LOL...love you Valerie!

3 comments:

Daniel & Valerie said...

GOOOOOD!!! This is what I wanted!! I read th entire thing! And im happy your learning to trust the lord. Thats is going to be a key thing when your baby betrays you someday and you dont know what to do. Or just like you not working after the baby is here your trusting the lord that everything will be fine! Thats what I have to work on. SO yes I will continue to follow your blog!! Love you..

Michelle said...

Hey, I was hoping you'd start one all along too! Yay! :D
And, don't kill me, but I was one of those girls who woke up one morning at about 7 months and had a basketball belly from out of nowhere. But honestly I had been thickening around the middle, only me and my pant size could really tell though.
I lost all 50 lbs I added with Corey within 2 months and you're even thinner than I was so don't sweat it. Just take care of your belly skin so you don't get stretch marks so much. I itched like crazy and almost never used lotion. Big mistake.

Michelle said...

Oh hey, you can always try this diet after the baby is born to get your smokin' hot pre-pregnancy bod back. LOL!
P.S. (Forgive my experimenting in your comments to see if I can learn how to leave links in comments.) You love me right? :)