This weekend has been crazy and yet so good. I enjoy being around so many of my family and Josh's family. It was great! There were some funny and fun events that happened (besides the actual holiday), so that's what this blog is about I guess.
First of all, my brother Rob and his wife Cami had their first little baby girl on Saturday. She's the most adorable little thing you could ever find. She has so much black hair and really dark skin. My older sister said something like "If I didn't know Cami better I'd say that wasn't Rob's baby." But the baby has his eyes and his nose. And the poor little thing was a bit swollen after thirty hours of hard labor and being suctioned/forceped out of her comfortable little habitat. She has the cutest little cry (not a Hunter baby cry at all). I couldn't get over how something that little could be that big. And how something that big could have fit into my sister in law's stomach just hours before. Both mother and baby are doing well, though both are a little traumatized and sore.
As for the funny, my niece Gabby came up to me on Sunday at our family dinner and says "Aunt Stacey, you have a baby in your tummy?" So I told her yes and she said "So you don't get to eat?" And I said yes, I get to eat and tried to explain that my baby is in one part of my stomach and the food goes in another part. I demonstrated by pointing to the bottom part of my stomach for the baby and the top part for the food. So she looked a little confused and then said "So the food gets on the baby?" It was way cute. After explaining that no, the baby is protected so that nothing can hurt it or get on it, she then sits there for a second and after thinking a minute says "Aunt Stacey, is your baby going to be cute?" It made me laugh pretty hard.
Anyway, holidays were just awesome, and it's my 22 birthday today. Happy birthday to me! I can't believe that it's my birthday again. This year has seemed to drag in some ways, now all of the sudden it's over and I have no idea how it passed so quickly. Soon I'll have a baby, and I'll have no idea how it got here. But I love life right now, and I guess that's all that matters.
1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU STACEY!!! We love you!!!
Glad your Thanksgiving holiday was awesome. Mine was too ;).
Post a Comment